Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: Animals and Natural Connections

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Animals and Natural Connections

I am watching a fascinating documentary on animals' abilty to predict natural disasters such as earthquakes, volcanos, tsunami, and others. For many millinia man observed nature to predict the weather, watching birds and burrowing creatures. The Lord will give us clues if we are connected enough to His creation. The ancient Asians in particular were attuned to this, living on "The Ring of Fire" like the Japanese. I have no doubt in this abilty by animals as their senses are so far better attuned than ours. Do animals feel or hear these approaching maelstroms and know what they mean? An interesting question they pose . This is really interesting, it is on Public TV. They notice how in the recent tsunami very few native animals perished, and how many domestic creatures went crazy to get to higher ground, elephants are of particular focus . They had tagged elephants in a park in Sri Lanka that were being montored at the time and they moved to higher ground, elephants are remarkably intelligent. I like shows like this, educational.

11 comments:

Cabe said...

I must have seen the same documentary. Cats seem to know when you're depressed.

tugboatcapn said...

I saw that movie as well, KEvron...

I was disappointed. There was very little crouching, and almost no hiding.

I love shows like that too, Goat, and I used to watch stuff like that all the time, but then I got married.

Now all I get to watch is CSI, and Medium, and sometimes if I'm good, Southpark (as long as the wife is in the shower.)

Not that I'm complaining, or anything...

KEvron said...

i'm sorry. allow me to to clarify:

"The ancient Asians in particular were attuned to this...."

on what evidence do you base this observation?

KEvron

Goat said...

Their observations of their natural surroundings, come on KEvron can you actually post a serious thoughtful comment. I like dialogue, not one liners. You seem like an intelligent guy, let's have a converstion, if you are willing.

KEvron said...

"Their observations of their natural surroundings,"

i'm sorry, but this is pulled from thin air. could you try again, please? all peoples observe their natural surroundings; this is not the evidence that would support your claim re: ancient asian people and earthquake prediction.

"come on KEvron can you actually post a serious thoughtful comment."

of course i can.

"I like dialogue, not one liners."

i find the former to be virtually impossible with some people, and the latter to be more effective in making my points.

"You seem like an intelligent guy, let's have a converstion, if you are willing."

sounds splendid.

often, participants of a conversation or dialogue will ask one anoher questions. i've asked several of you, and await a response to nearly all of them.

KEvron

Mark said...

I like the movie about the Clinton-Lewinshy affair, "Crouching Intern, Hidden Cigar"

KEvron said...

easy there, mark! goat has said that he doesn't approve of the one-liners, and one as off-color as that one is will surely raise his ire. he is, after all, a man of principle.

KEvron

tugboatcapn said...

Well, I thought it was funny...

KEvron said...

funny or not, cappy, they are not appreciated. goat has said so several times.

KEvron

Goat said...

KEvron is right on that point. I don't like one liners conceived as insults either way and I admit my own guilt at times.

Goat said...

"The Ring of Fire" is the volcanic region surrounding the Pacific ocean and well documented.