Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: Fox GOP Debate Tonight In Florida

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Fox GOP Debate Tonight In Florida

This was by far the best debate yet with the candidates mixing it up a bit, who won? I would say the GOP as all turned in strong performances though the best part was Ron Paul getting boos and jeers on some of his anti-war gibberish and it noticeably shook him a bit and he didn't bring it up again. While I am a Mitt Romney supporter I could easily and proudly support our nominee after the primaries be it who it may. I have to say a Romney/ Huckabee ticket would be pretty persuasive as would any combination of the leaders. Like I said I think the GOP was the winner in this debate, a very good thing since the DNC is boycotting Florida.
No wonder the Democrat candidates refuse to debate on FOX, The questions were tough and wide ranging with plenty of interaction among the candidates, Carl Cameron even wanted to defend one of his questions. The jabs were all good humored and some were pretty good and handled well by the receivers, and they all jabbed Madame Hillary and the Dems quite well. The crowd was active and loud for all except Dr. Paul on more than a few occasions.
How did I solve the debate versus the AL Pennant chase, I watched the debate on the computer and the game on TV, debate's over and only in the 4th inning so I got both. I don't have a dog in this hunt but I have to wonder what kind of bet Hugh Hewitt, Indians, and Dean Barnett, BoSox, have. I am rooting for the Rockies as a NLer and Braves fan, but I really like the Colorado Rockies and their open Christianity, team prayer and Bible study. Who knows I may change my allegiance from Atlanta.

6 comments:

Tapline said...

I watched part of the debate on TV and didn't really pick a winner. Ruddy talks a good game as does Romney, but I am unsure of either. I bulk at people who have all the answers. both these cantidates do. ruddy with his anti-gun retoric and amnesty rulings in New York....and Romney whose home tabanacle cannot be seen by non-mormon turns me off. Not that I have anything against this faith, I am just concerned about the secrecy, that's all. I did like McCain except for his stance on Illegal Immigration. I feel that a law is a law and if you break it, you should be held accountable not dismissed as its ok and we will pass state laws countermanding the federal ones and have sanctuary cities where the law will be ignored. give them welfare, medical care, and Social Security along with earned income credit to send to your family in Mexico. and the beat goes on.... You get the idea. Anyway I am against that. I pay enough taxes already without adding to this burden. I ramble.....stay well...

Gayle said...

I watched the entire debate, but didn't post on it as I'm busy attacking Hillary right now, but here, for whatever they are worth, are my thoughts on it:

Huckabee looked really good and I agree with one of the people who was asked about it in the spin room after the debate: they didn't give him his fair share of questions. Romney also looked good, as did Hunter. I still think Rudy will be the front runner as he probably has the best chance of beating Hillary, but I would love to see a Romney/Huckabee ticket or a Huckabee/Romney ticket. I doubt it's going to happen and it will probably wind up being Rudy and Romney. But who really knows? As long as it's a Republican (which leaves RP out) I'll vote for him.

They need to drop that texed message poll at the end of every debate because it means nothing. RP nuts always screw it up!

Goat said...

I know one thing ,I didn't see a gloomy depressed crowd, they were fired up. Gayle, glad to see you have moved towards the Romney camp:)

benning said...

I'm sorta leaning toward a Thompson/Huckabee ticket,but adding the Governor of Alaska might be a good choice as a Veep nominee, too.

But Romney and Giuliani are acceptable. I think McCain is done. He's just too far "off the reservation" on so many issues.

Anonymous said...

i'd like to see a thompson/hunter ticket, but i will support whomever gets the republican nomination.

Goat said...

The problem with that ticket Heidi is Spencer Abraham, an open borders anti fence La Raza and islamist sympathizer is Fred's campaign manager. That is the polar opposite of Duncan Hunter.