Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: A Letter to Liberals

Saturday, September 09, 2006

A Letter to Liberals

This is from the American Thinker by Ari Kaufman. Though I did not support Bill Clinton or Al"The Bore"Gore, I did not support the GOP, I actually voted a Dem ticket in Ca. elections supporting Barbara Boxer in her election before last and cheered when Jim Jeffords switched partys that year, since then it has been a steady climb to the right. This pretty well represents my thoughts and feelings.
---------

If I were to scribe a pithy letter to all the closed-minded liberals who deem me and my ilk closed-minded, it would read: Dear Friends, Oftentimes in recent years, and especially since I renounced my Democratic Party membership, then my Independent label, and finally announced my membership in the party of Lincoln, Eisenhower and Reagan, I have been chastised by you for various beliefs. Contrary to your assertions that people like me are traitorous, talking point parrots and apologists, facts, history and examples have proven those of my mindset correct, and will undoubtedly continue to do so; this most assuredly occurring upon those pertaining to the most important issues of our time. Don’t block my emails and don’t call me names. Just please, allow me to explain.

Forty long years ago, it was conceivable that yours was the party of progress, of innovation, ideas and open-mindedness. Heck, look up “liberal” in some dictionaries and “open minded” is laughably in the definition. These books have clearly not been updated in the past few decades, and certainly not since 2000.

--------
Now I have to go to a wedding, partytime!
--------
It was the first Catholic wedding ceremony I have attended and was very beautiful with a rustic Celtic bend, solemn yet joyful and celebrated with typical Celtic jubilance, music, food,drink and dance and big, lots of folks. What more suited name for a setting than Paradise, California could be found?
What I found interesting is that the parking lot was packed for Saturday Mass before the wedding in this tiny sierra foothill town, well this is the conservative part of Ca., glad I went, it made for a beautiful September eve.

No comments: