Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: Hmmmm?

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Hmmmm?

It sometimes becomes a problem when there is so much to write about that deciding becomes an issue, I am at that stage. The Barnyard's one year anniversary is coming up in a few days and I find it hard to believe how much I have typed and how quickly the time has gone. I have learned an enormous amount over the last year while researching to stay informed, really over the last three years since I got a computer. So I thought I would tell the story of where the Barnyard came from and how I became Goat Gruff. The Goat definately came before the Barnyard.
I had just gotten my first laptop as a gift from my dad so we could stay in touch easier through email, I loath talking on the phone. Anyway, I finally got online, watching "The Factor" at the time, I went to Bill O'Reilly's as the first site I went to online and discovered his message board shortly thereafter. I became an avid participant being an opinionated person and made a name for myself, Goat Gruff, given by friends and enemies alike, for my propensity for running headon into loonbat trolls and winning the confrontation. One of them was a homophobic nuthouse, so I was well appreciated on both sides of the table. I was an independant voter though conservative, so I started an open thread called Care to Enter the Barnyard in the politics section. It soon became the one stop shop for the political issues of the day and the only place I posted. I learned the HTML code so I could put in hotlinks and researched the hidden news from the war and elsewhere. It and another thread of mine were doing very well and Hugh Hewitt had just come out with "BLOG" so I said what the heck and opened this site based on the popular thread I had set up there. I was almost immediately booted from the FBZ(Feedback Zone as it was called then) and my thread deleted as it was approaching a record number of comments. I took on everybody, I won some, I lost some and kept it respectful the wholetime.
That brings us to to what you see today, my archives track that story but comments from then have been lost. Nearly thirty conservative commentors in the FBZ were booted about the same time as I was and many of them are still with me today and they are who have helped give me the strength to drive on. They have prayed for me and encouraged me, ladies and gentleman, you know who you are. I thank you sincerely!
Now we got work to do and lots of it, why are you still sittin' there? I said we have alot of work to do. We have holes to fill, fences to be mended and built, and property to be protected. I am speaking literally and figuratively, now get to it.

No comments: