Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: The Lady and the Tramp

Saturday, June 17, 2006

The Lady and the Tramp

Such a classic cartoon by Disney, I happened upon it tonight as they are promoting the sequel. I enjoyed it as a kid and I am thouroughly enjoying it now. The lessons of young adult hood are replete with the draw of freedom and the consequences of responsibility for abusing that freedom. I would bet on the sequel doing well at the box office, with an adorable Scamp son of Tramp taking the lead on his adventure.
Probably my all-time favorite of the great disney movies of that era is "The Jungle Book" which of course led me to more Rudyard Kipling, Zane Grey, Jack London and beyond. "The Swiss Family Robinson" runs a close second especially for the adventurous free spirit and self reliance. I have to wonder why more movies are not made of that caliber anymore since they make good money.

No comments: