Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: Weekend Rambler

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Weekend Rambler

Hmm, I was just perusing my sample ballot for the primary election here and there are seven parties represented so when I hear third party talk I get a bit confused. I joined the GOP because their platform is nearest to my beliefs and none of them are religious, they are political reasons, being a small 'l' libertarian by nature fearful of big government. Lets see we have . The American Independant party(not true independants), the DNC, the Greens, the Libertarians, Natural Law(no candidates), the Peace and Freedom party (here 'party' can be taken the other way), and the GOP .

It appears that we Californians have ample "third" parties to choose from if we so choose. I chose a Reform party candidate twice and in doing so helped affirm a Bill Clinton victory. I am a fiscal conservative first and foremost when it comes to matters of government and the GOP comes closest to that in their platform and conservative candidates have shown they can win through the GOP machine, all the others are perennial losers of late.

I live in the deep red part of Ca., it is safely in conservative hands at the state and federal levels. This is a wild state to live in if you are a political junky like myself. I am voting "NO" on all ballot measures on tuesday.

No comments: