Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: RINOS. Enough Said

Sunday, March 11, 2007

RINOS. Enough Said

I was disheartened at best to hear of some MA so called Republicans plans to launch a web site that essentially is anti-Romney. I wrote to the Greater Boston Young Republicans and the MA GOP for clarification and comment. So far, nothing from the MA GOP--what a surprise. No wonder the state party is a joke. However, the GBYRs were very quick to respond. I got one from the secretary and then an email in response to this from the Chair who assured me they are crafting a response that is critical of the planned web site. This was one of my emails.



"Ashley,

Thank you for your prompt response.

Not supporting one Republican over another is one thing and of course I understand that. But the Herald article is headlined with this: "Mitt under attack by own party: Mass. GOP aims to sink prez bid"

Approving of such a strategy or remaining silent against such a planned attack would be deplorable.

The Republican Party in our state is on life support and I don't know how helpful it would be for any Republican in MA, let alone a Republican group, to pro-actively attack Governor Romney in a visible coordinated manner. While I understand the GBYRs are not necessarily involved, we are involved as a result of the umbrella of the MASS GOP and more importantly, by perception, which is everything in this field. I hope the YRs are not going to indirectly endorse Robichaud's plan via silence on the sidelines and ultimately provide more ammunition to the anti-Romney camps.

Indeed, people are clearly free to support whomever they believe in. But to "attack" a candidate, and one from our own state at that, is unproductive at best and starts the fracture line that always weakens the party as a whole. Public infighting is really for the Dems.

If our group does not believe in attacking a national candidate from our own state, our press or communications person should issue some kind of statement. Properly worded, it could be effective while not irritating those Republicans who are going to launch this web site against Mr Romney.

Lisa

3 comments:

Goat said...

Yeah, tell'em girl! Dean Barnett has posted about it at Hugh's site, a fellow Bostonian. I am sure you have seen his posts as a fellow Romneyite.

Lisa said...

I have not and I am completely irritated tonight. Romney rescued this state. This new idiot we have, Deval Patrick, is a bad joke. Why don't the Republicans spend their energy spreading the word about Patrick and what he's doing rather than wasting energy and efforts to harm a fellow republican who served this state honorably? TRuly. I can not stand these people. And if the MA GOP does not get back to me tomorrow, they will get a very ugly letter as well. We have, I believe, 24 or 29 out of over 200 state legislators who are Republican. We don't need this and if they don't answer me, so help me Jesus God, they are getting blasted in email about their utter incompetence.

Lisa said...

WEll the young REpublicans just issued a kick ass press release. LOL! Part of it called for an investigation into the new group's use of the term Republican in it's ads since it isn't a registered something or other.

Glad the YRs are on it. I'm very proud of their press release. Now let's see if the stupid MA GOP follows suit. I don't like silence amidst ugliness.