Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: Spring In The Barnyard

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Spring In The Barnyard


Ahh, the sound of lawnmowers, tillers, birds and frogs, I love it, a couple shots of the Goat's backyard modest as it is. The trees are peach, plum and orange with some grapes and ashes for background. It is mid-March and my garden is largely in with okra waiting on the heat of summer and potatoes going in next. I am blessed with a chorus of birds for a morning that welcome me to my daily chores.
There is much to be had in the great tomes of history, I also know for a fact there is much to be had in living the life of a simple hardworking man. I do not know arcane scholars from the past, I do know Thomas Paine, Alexander Hamilton, Samuel Adams and Patrick Henry and their love of liberty and what gifts it brings. I am a Constitutional Federalist and I do not deny it and will die to defend it just as I will die with the Lord as my saviour. The quotes featured and posted here are beliefs held strongly by the Barnyard, " Give me liberty or give me death" does not fall on deaf ears in the Barnyard.

No comments: