Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: I Am Still Alive

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I Am Still Alive

I am alive and well but my computer is unfortunately not so well, it crashed Friday and I won't have it back up and running till later this week. I had to come over to a buddy's house to use his machine.

Anyway, I am also busy closing down my business and preparing to move back to Alabama after the California legislature was so kind as to raise our taxes even more. I have loved living here but they are absolutely killing the business environment here with taxes and regulation and the bottom has completely fallen out of the construction industry with no end in sight.

5 comments:

Tapline said...

Goat, Sorry to hear about your closure in Calif....The people in Calif have no one to blame but themselves and their tree hugging friends....They drove business out and won't allow drilling offshore etc etc....Come on back east although taxes are bad here also. not to the extent they are out there....

Trader Rick said...

WE'RE IN FOR IT NOW, Goat. I am moving back to Florida as well. Maybe we will meet if the Gators play the Tide in Football!! Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Goat, sorry to hear you have been forced to relocate. I live in Washington and our legislature is Califonia-Lite. Our taxation and business hostile environment is only slightly behind yours - and trying hard to catch up.

Hopefully, I won't be forced to move since I have lived here most of my life.

Trader Rick said...

HANG IN THERE

Gayle said...

I'm sorry you have to relocate too, Goat, but not surprised. I'm sure many people are finding themselves in the same boat. California is going down the tubes faster than I would have ever believed!