Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: Good Saturday To All

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Good Saturday To All

Chores neglected while playing in the mountains have kept me away from the machine for a few days, single homeownership is tough with a bit of land thrown in, love it. Now a few cold ones later I feel like posting some pics instead of typing.
Welcome into the cabin.

The view from the deck
The other half of the front room, with the stockpot making soup from the turkey carcass, I should charge for the beer product placement
Careful fire management of this 100 year old beauty can produce gourmet results.


Turkey dinner ready to go with stir-fried squash , dressing and gravy and one of the best zinfadels of the foothills a Fleur de Lys Reserve,Yumm, one of my better turkeys.


3 comments:

tugboatcapn said...

Gotta love the Natural Ice, man...

5.9% alcohol by volume, and about 1/2 the price of other Ice brews.

Kinduva nasty hangover, though, should you over-indulge.

I'm a Bud Ice man myself.

The photos are beautiful!

Is that YOUR cabin, or some sort of community asset?

Either way, Im am jealous. I have no access to anything like that, and it looks phenomenal.

Cabe said...

Welcome back Goat!

Nothing like owning a cabin. Have you thought about buying a machine gun turret to put outside? Fall asleep and wake up to find that dinner is ready and waiting outside.

Goat said...

It belongs to a buddy though I have access anytime, it is about seven miles outside Yosemite NP on the north-east corner at about 8,000 ft.