Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: Illegal Immigrants And Protests

Friday, April 14, 2006

Illegal Immigrants And Protests

As I said in earlier posts I support a worker program after the borders are secure. A thought struck me tonight about why aren't these organizers doing this in Mexico to demand rights for their citizens in Mexico. That is where the problem is, not our border policy but Mexico's inability to make economic reforms needed to provide for its people. Mexico is a rich country with long fertile coasts, natural resources, arable land and apparently full of hard working people that love their country. They are protesting in the wrong country.
Here is my radical idea that I have not seen in the hundreds of articles I have read and debates I have engaged in. While they are here we do need to educate them. We need to teach them how to reform their own country so they don't have to come here to make some money. We need to then send them back as politicians and activists for reform. Take those massive protest parades to the streets of Mexico City, Puerto Vallarta, Cancun and the capitols from which they came. Teach them why they came here and how to fix their home countries by the same means they wish to change ours.
Believe me our representatives are getting an earfull from their constituents over the Easter break from both sides and in between. The issue is not going to go away and it splits both sides of the aisle as does earmarks but that is another subject. Our politicians are currently caught in poll induced analysis paralysis in an an election year, nothing of significance will be accomplished.
----
Our Lord, Jesus Christ submitted to the Cross on this recognized day so that we may live through Him. I plan to post Pope Benedict's Easter Mass sermon, guaranteed to be brilliant and very spiritual. I loved John Paul and Benedict is really after my Christian heart as american churches have moved away from Christ's message. I am Anglican and they left me on the gay issue, so now towards Rome and the Vatican and the ancient Church of St. Peter, I look for guidance in my journey with Him. More to come.

No comments: