Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: Weekend Rambler

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Weekend Rambler

I have to step back from the machine, I have been going at it hard for over a year now, even before I started blogging I was very active in other political forums. It has come to occupy too large a presence in my life, almost an obsession to be the best informed, well read citizen I can be in a time when history is being made on a grand scale. I have to take a break, my life and body are starting to suffer from the neglect of hours infront of a monitor trying to glean every scrap of information I can find on the GWOT or Long War as it has come to be known. If I have helped just a few people better understand the threats we face then I have been successful. I am not a trained journalist or analyst just an average Joe contractor that pays attention. I will be updating my blogroll to add several new and older sources not yet listed, mainly milbloggers actually in Iraq and Afganistan and other counter-terrorism experts. I simply cannot maintain my level of output and maintain my life satisfactorly at the sametime as the demands of springtime increase my obligations to home and garden. I love blogging and sharing with the many wonderful folks I have encountered in this journey and don't plan to stop just slow down and enjoy the roses more. It is easy to become obsessed with politics and war especially as utterly fascinating as the shaping of history can be and these are very historic times with Iran, Iraq, Palestine and Israel, Afganistan and the whole of Asia in the conflict with extremist militant Islam. I worry about things I can't control and lose site of those things I can and should control like improving my life and living conditions and a need to regain my energy for the upcoming '06 races in our country. We, the GOP must not allow the moonbats that have taken over the DNC to gain any power unless we want to descend into endless investigations of the past instead of moving forward to solve our problems of the future for the future. Spending must be reigned in, the borders must be secured, major tax reform, Social Security reformed and judges moved through the confirmation process. Yes, we as conservatives have been handed the toughest row to hoe, why, because we can handle the dirty work needed to see it through to the end. We must not shirk our responsibilty when the mud gets deep, it just means we need to switch gears and remember the slow patience we had leading to the Reagan/Gingrich revolution. There are no "silver bullet" quick fixes to the problems we face in immigration, national security and fiscal responsibility as much as we may wish there is, it will just be alot of hard work, difficult decisions and votes to be cast.
My Momma-san is coming out for a visit in a couple weeks and I have to make my cave look a little less like a batchelor pad and more like a house, ugh. I hope my coposter can step up to the mound and offer me a little relief pitching over the next couple, three weeks as I regroup, cleanup and enjoy wine country excursions to see what '02 tastes like, a look into the past with enjoyable results.
Update: I was on Lores's show, KRLA870 again tonight discussing illegal immigration with David Hernandez and Dawn Johnson, a full blooded mixed race american and Minutewoman. Lores runs a great show and has beeen pulling great interviews, I am just waiting for more than a minute on the show, LOL.

No comments: