Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: Tax Time, Oh Happy Joy

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Tax Time, Oh Happy Joy

Frankly after wrestling with that monstrosity and getting them sent away, I am exausted.After a few hours of bungling around with my Turbo Tax 2004 edition I realized it does not automatically upgrade even when you hit the upgrade tab. I filled out two perfect 2004 forms before realizing this, I am the dummy here, oh well, they are done and filed on the proper years forms, oh happy joy.
How would you like to handle this on a postcard sized card that takes ten minutes to fill out, not half a day on a fairly simple return. I would like a national consumption(sales) tax and completely do away with tax filings with some qualifying for rebates, food and child care products excluded along with most health care costs are of course excluded. I would like to see at least half my SSI taxes go into a personal account politicians can't touch as well as medicare taxes going to health accounts.
Liberals like to complain about the government response to Katrina and yet they promote the very big government beauracracy that caused the problem in the first place, France. Government is often not the solution but the problem, too many layers of graft and corruption before the money gets where it makes the biggest bang, on the local street.
Mark my words the next two elections pit the liberal and conservative agendas in a head on collision, a battle us conservatives have been winning when we stick to the ideals that got us here in the first place, a majority based in Reaganite values, not some mamby pamby version. What are those ideals? A small government that serves the needs of its citizens, minimal taxes to fuel economic growth, strong security including building the fence, support of Israel in the face of Jihad and a strong belief we can make not only America strong we can help others find the will and way as well. The less the government is in our hair the quieter our brains will rest.
My advice to congress folks, if you have a pet project you would like to fund , front a private organization to gather funds from volunteers, don't require my stretched tax dollar to pay for it. If you can't get Private funding, it ain't worth funding, in the Barnyard mentality, and is not my responsibility to pay for it against my will. A perfect rallying time for fellow conservatives, April, longer days and taxes due. If I had a Marine revelrie bugler, he would be blasting the wake up call !
PS: My fellow blogger sent cues of a great post, one margarita too many, ( Dang a margarita sounds good after tax work),Hey Hatter, we are stumbling along, care to join in.

No comments: