Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: Weekend Rambler

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Weekend Rambler


As an avid outdoorsman I am all for protecting and having a clean environment though I do not buy into the global warming claptrap and its causes. Pollution is a bad thing and we should keep our planet clean but the Barnyard will not side up with the enviro-nuts. I left the Sierra Club and snubbed Al Gore because I just don't buy it anymore than I do 'end of times' evangelicals. My Godfather was a Doctor in Geology and Physics and loved nature. He would take me for hikes and tell me all about it from the rocks to the trees. I learned about dinosaurs through fossils, abundant in the area, volcanoes and tectonic plates, looked at space through the largest telescope in the South East at the time, I was taught the the earth and how to love it.
So we produce CO2, plants love CO2 and remove the carbon to release the oxygen we need. America's forests are back to where they where at the turn of the last century, I know Sacramento is an urban forest thus rated Tree City USA for many years, many huge Ashes , Oaks, Poplars, Sycamores and ancient orchard trees of all types . These type really bring little to the debate, the alarmists that is, and leaves me wondering how many pounds of garbage Al Gore has personally carried out of the backcountry, or how many fishing and swimming holes he has cleaned up. How many personal truckloads and garbage bags have you filled Mr. Gore? How many pounds of dirty diapers and broken beer bottles have you personally removed from BLM land? The Barnyard can lay claim to tons of litter removed from some of our most pristine environments., heck, John Muir is a major hero of mine. We share an exquisite love of the Sierra range and nature in general . The Barnyard does not accept the Kyoto Protocols and finds them deeply flawed.
I'll be glad to argue with you but for now The Barn Yard is going to enjoy a cozy fire, a fine cigar and a beer.

No comments: