Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard

Monday, February 05, 2007








Welcome, US Senate staffers, feel free to graze in the Barnyard.
As the Goat reads and rereads Samuel Adams' infamous quote on the sidebar, it is hard not to see how apropo it is today. Where are these leaders when we need them most, Nancy Pelosi, HillBillary, Harry Reid, yeah right, leadership, run and hide leadership, retreatist fools that have no idea what we face as a Nation. This Goat wishes he had the elonquence of Mr. Adams, an art long lost but he knows what those words mean and life means little without freedom. Scots-Irish blood flows in these veins and nobody has fought harder for freedom, other than Israel, our Sister, than us, been here since 1623 and don't intend for that to change.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

First pic looks like it is somewhere in the San Juan's? Or Glacier? Regardless, it's beautiful...I hope it can be passed on to our childrens-children (and I appreciate the dedication :)

Goat said...

Charlie, it is in the Palisades region of the High Sierra. You know what, I have been following Mitt for a couple years and do not know a thing about his enviro record. I get tired of the loonbats sometimes and have to return fire. I hope you understand where I was coming from now. So you work in the Swamp, interesting place to be. I took it as a compliment as I did when Centcom contacted me in their blogger outreach. Anyway, welcome to the Barnyard and forgive my defensiveness.

Anonymous said...

No need to apologize! I was pretty aggressive as well, but debate is good...and maybe we both learned a little something!? So, cheers, I hope to learn more from the blog. Let 'er rip. It may be cliche to say, but information is still power.

p.s. Itinerary for '08 will include a trip to the Palisades!

Goat said...

Let me know, I know the Sierra well, Muir is a personal hero and playing in the Sierra is why I moved to Ca. I can see the Crystal range(Tahoe) from where I live.

Goat said...

Charlie, mail me, the eaddy is in my profile. I can tell you where to stay or camp. The Eastern Sierra is unreal in its beauty, John Muir was correct in calling it the "Range of Light", you have to experience it to know. My pack is frequently heavier, not lighter,when I leave as I carry out the ignoramus' garbage as well. You would never believe where I have found piles of beer cans, miles off trail or fishing spot. I am a climber, I have a full rack, wanna play in the Sierra, come West my friend, LOL, a buddy has a cabin a couple miles from the pic on the sidebar. I didn't call it The Barnyard for no reason, grin.