Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: American Youth

Thursday, November 10, 2005

American Youth

Much is written and said about our kids today, we see the faux-gangbangers and the real ones and we see those in Iraq and signing up in overwhelming numbers. We continue to see the growth of young Republican clubs grow on our campuses and the liberal elites effort to stifle it. I got an email from a young friend in college today that was heartening. He makes a powerful statement. I know Nicky, can do a high five and catch a cold one at the same time.

No doubt. I feel however that, the military would drive me crazy. I have a sneaking suspicion that i would not get the position that I wanted and that it would be merely a waste of time. I feel that I should instead become an upstanding educated citizen to provide a role model for America's Misled Youth. What speaks more to Americas children unfortunately is that of 50 cent an Tupac and a life that glorifies gang violence and drug deals. I feel that we have just as much a battle on our own soil as we do across seas. Interpret this as you will. I feel it my responsibility to prove myself through, not only education and an honest existence, but as a human being responsible for my own actions and to convey that to others. I expect to be treated with respect, therefore I will act with respect. Excuse me for being trite but, treat others as you would like them to treat you.

No comments: