Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: Howdy Y'all

Monday, November 14, 2005

Howdy Y'all

The cabin, no water except the creek behind me and no electricity, a respite from the machine. We cook with the same abilities as those that built it and eat better there than we do at home.
Roast a turkey or bake some bread, this was the cook's cabin for the miners and shepherds at the turn of the century
The drive home takes me around lake Tahoe
The view from town, the "Sawteeth" in the background.
I have been in love before, my bride. The cabin is about a half mile away as the crow flys.
The harvest moon rises.
Dinner time, beef over almond wood!
Team Volcano, Shasta, left, and Lassen, Lassen has a lightening bolt on the back of his head.
Trout for breakfast
Part of our natural "jungle gym" for climbers

A view towards the cabin from the meadow.

I hope these pictures show my love for the sierra. The power of this place is incredible as Castaneda tought. I have spent weeks here and I find something new everytime on every walkabout. To spend time in a cabin with daylight showing through cracks in the walls during sub-zero temperatures is enlightening to what our pioneers dealt with. Yes, I am very wierd, I love the challenge as it also shows how people still live today. I can live by third world means and be OK, a source of comfort for me, most have no idea. My life goal, very Amish, is to be totally self reliant, free of the government, faced with the daily struggle our founders faced, survival. A dream, maybe, perhaps that is why I am conservative politically, I refuse to be a burden on any but myself. I am a survivalist and my order of business is God, Country and Family. I don't have a personal family so my strength can be dedicated to God and Country so my sister's family may reap the rewards.
If you want to feel the power of life filling you, take a walk with a pair of huskies and the Lord under a harvest moon in the mountains, I have and I am reinvigorated. I am ready for the coming and ensuing battle. Conservatives, mount up, the battle is just begun, now is not the time for weakness, it is time for war.

2 comments:

Stan said...

Wish I coulda went.

Goat said...

Yea Stan,it is an awesome retreat from modernity especially when we ski in during the winter. You can easily imagine the long winter months of our early settlers and natives and the preparations for them. We spend several fall trips just chopping wood for a couple of winter trips, every available indoor space is piled high with wood that quickly disappears as the sun sets. It would be a brutal existance though if I could discover just a couple ounces of gold a month, I would be sitting pretty. Since my house is no better insulated than a cabin, I intend to use cabin tactics to combat PG%E, long underwear and a woodburning stove. As one very much into mountaineering, layering for me is easy, comfortable and very maneuverable. If you are into bouldering, now is the time to be in "The Buttermilks" about 70 miles south in Bishop.