Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: Cabin Bound

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Cabin Bound


I will be off to my buddies cabin on the north-east corner of Yosemite NP this weekend. A respite from the angst of the modern world, so I will not be blogging or commenting. Sheepdog, hold the pasture.
The cabin is about 4 miles from here, looking in the general direction, if you made a crow's flight to the right of the last tree.

Update: I am back after an absolutely beautiful weekend in the mountains and have a picture or two to share. A midnight walk under a high sierra harvest moon with a pair of huskies as your companions brings back perspective. They are my buddy's dogs but they weren't ready for bed yet and neither was I. I speak 'huskyese', mine is with my sister in Al, so it is always a treat to join their pack in the mountains. I am a huge fan of the "working"class of dogs, shepherds and sleddogs especially. These dogs love to run and do their job whether herding sheep or dragging a sled. Before I am lamblasted by gundog owners, a good birddog is hard to beat. I will have one of them as well. I just love huskies and malemutes, they have a unique attitude, as do I.

No comments: