Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: Cathedral of The Blessed Sacrament

Monday, November 28, 2005

Cathedral of The Blessed Sacrament

My friends will remember my original posts on this cathedral renovation my company was involved with, available in the earliest archives here in The Barnyard. It reopened last week and is absolutely stunning, an inspiring House of the Lord. It was an honor to be involved in such a project, for later readers ,we removed and reinstalled the stained glass panels after restoration of them. This is a real feather in an independant glazier's cap considering the value of the panels. It took months and that much time on your knees in church tends to wear off on a person. It was the cleanest best run site I have been on and the usually bawdy commentary of construction workers was absent, something I appreciated. Hopefully I can get some pictures up of the new look, or try googling, Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament, Sacramento, Ca., it's been in the news.

11 comments:

Lisa said...

Looks incredible, Goat. I had mentioned how the stained glass windows in church are what appeals to me the most because they draw me in and make the church going experience more personal on "another board" and was attacked for it. Still say they are very powerful. Great work.

Goat said...

Hatter, you should see these windows, the detail is unreal and yes, they do make it more personal.

Stan said...

Just looking at this one over the computer, I am in awe.

Goat said...

That section is about 4ftx9ft,Stan, and more pics are available in my earliest archives.

Cabe said...

Hey Goat,

What do you think of the Da Vinci Code?

Goat said...

I have not read it and don't intend to, Stan, too many other great books to read so I know little about it other than another attempt to bash faith.

KEvron said...

how do you know if the da vinci code is "another attempt to bash faith" if you haven't read it?

KEvron

Goat said...

Simple,I can read reviews and have heard the author interviewed.

KEvron said...

fair enough. i suppose i do the same.

KEvron

Goat said...

"I" is capitalized, so don't bang my mistypes or typos of which there are many.

KEvron said...

i intentionally type in lower case. part of my minimalist sensibilities. but, that aside, have i been banging your typos?

KEvron