Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard

Wednesday, February 01, 2006



Life is too short and the world around us too beautiful to waste time and miss it.

I am sitting on top of Virginia pass with the Yosemite high country behind me, one of the most incredibly breathtaking trails I have taken. It follows a narrow rill we called silver creek for its color as it splashes over many small falls on its descent. It passes by an old log cabin and remains of old mining exploration so it is gives rise to a ripe imagination as well to how those pioneers lived. This is where I go to escape politics and the hectic intrusions of modern life, time to breakout the x-country skis and seek the solitude of the sierra winter and then chase spring up the slopes into summer. It has been too long since since my Thanksgiving escape, the four walls are closing in with cabin fever building.

2 comments:

Goat said...

I have to wonder if any of my Bay area loony left environut detractors would like to join me in a high country excursion with birdbook and nature guide in hand. I doubt it, why leave their cozy bathhouse or coffee shop to actually enjoy what they want to protect by blocking sane enviromental policy of the conservative nature.

juanitagf said...

Absolutly beautiful! I love getting out and hiking. Oregon is great for doing so.