Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: Weekend Rambler

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Weekend Rambler

I have been accused of rambling in my blog, I agree, ramble is good word. It can apply to mountain trails or streams of thought, one leading to the next, that next trickle of information. So that is the inspiration for the title to my saturday posts .
--
I found this article by Mark Gauveau Judge very interesting. It deals with some very good questions about appearance, following the dress for successe maxim. It is a fact of life, you will be treated how you look and act.
==

I've been a journalist since high school. I've written about abortion, war, rock
and roll as a conservative art form, black culture, swing dancing, alcoholism
and baseball, among other topics. I've never gotten a reaction like the
one that followed "Right-Wingtips." While many of the emails, articles, and
commentaries on the piece were funny and informed, most of them were trapped in
a simple contradiction: as conservatives, we supposedly believe in objective
truth. Certain things are right, and certain things are wrong. In the arts, we
believe that some works are objectively great -- Beethoven's 9th symphony.
Mozart's works. Matisse, Van Gogh, Hopper. Dostoevsky. And in dress, we
acknowledge -- or at least I hope -- that someone who presents himself in church
-- and to the rest of the world for that matter -- as clean, groomed, neat and
well dressed is making a point and a statement, however subtle: he respects
himself. Objectively, he looks better than someone in sandals and a bathing
suit.

Hat tip: American Spectater
--
I ran into some informative reads about the cartoon riots and the RoP's propoganda machine, here, here, here, and this one is a must read by M.Zuhdi Jasser
--
As many this week have said, this is not about cartoons. This all got me
thinking about what drives people. I was born in America, raised a Muslim and a
conservative. I have long struggled with what it is that makes my own reflexive
passions, and my primary mission, so different from those of the mobs and even
from so many of my Muslim neighbors in America. What is the fuse that, once
ignited, turns normal people into a mob clamoring for Islam and often for
blood?
--
This one definately caught my attention in the wake of the moonbat rage over the NSA program. Seems the Clintons are quite good at spying.
--
Private investigator Anthony Pellicano got out of a federal prison last Friday, but he's now back in jail where he faces celebrity wiretap charges.
It's a big story in Hollywood.
But most of my colleagues in the press continue to downplay a much bigger story – one with political implications that could make everyone forget about Jack Abramoff.
What no one else is telling the American public about this thug is that he worked for the last president – and that he was hired by someone who wants to be the next president.
Pellicano, as WND reported yesterday, was a member of what has been dubbed President Clinton's "Shadow Team." What he did for the White House during the Clinton years remains shrouded in mystery. But he is a private investigator known for ruthless dirty tricks and rough tactics on behalf of celebrity clients.
Pellicano, now 61, made a name for himself by working for Hollywood's elite before and after being commissioned by Hillary Clinton during her husband's administration to spy on their perceived "enemies."

No comments: