Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: Midweek Meander

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Midweek Meander

Boy is the DC presscorps all fired up over the VP's hunting accident, they are mad because they were not told first, what a whiney bunch of losers. I have been hunting since I could carry a gun and can remember numerous accidents, from stupid ones to wrong spot wrong time ones. The stupid ones are from things like not making sure a gun is unloaded and having it go off taking it out of the truck. The bad luck ones are like on another hunt I was on and a man shot his son, the young man had spotted a deer and moved off his stand to get a better shot, into his father's line of fire, this is why it is stressed to stay in your stand on a stand hunt. The police aren't notified, there is no investigation, the wounded is loaded up and rushed to the nearest hospital as an accidental gunshot wound. Those nimbots in the presscorps have no idea what quail hunting is about or how it is done. It sounds like the VP was turning on a fast moving lowbird and just as he pulled the trigger his buddy came into the picture as he swang through his shot. These mad liberals won't pick up a gun, how could they understand the timing of lead in quail hunting? Their ignorance shows and their indignation is based in the fact they got scooped by a tiny Texas paper, so their questions are going to reflect that.
Guns are not toys, they are tools with lethal capability designed to bring down game for the table and to protect the innocent from harm. As the son of a Marine sgt. I can proudly say I have not been party to a firearms accident, afterall look who tought me. I had the honor of sighting in the deer rifles in my early teens, Pops liked my tight 1" grouping at 150 yds. I like the shotgun and birdhunting because I don't have the patience for deer hunting. I could very easily compete in trap and skeet and freaked out a former Airforce mp with my handgun accuracy. Tools can be fun as well.
Thursday update: Further reading can be found here.

No comments: