Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: Super Bowl XL Sunday

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Super Bowl XL Sunday

Well the burgers are on the grill and it is almost game time. I am pulling for Seattle only because Sean Alexander plays for them, he was a Crimson Tide star and is a real class act. I like both coaches and have a healthy respect for the Steelers and The Bus Bettis. It should be a good game. I will add commentary and opinions through out the game on all aspects including the commercials.

Update 1: I understand the Motown tribute though it is not my kind of music
UGH, lets play ball not MTV.
Update2: Oh what a trashing of the National
Anthem, it is meant to be belted out with power and pride not tortured ,
absolutely the worst rendition I have ever heard. Whatever happened to
renditions like Whitney Houston's and Vanessa Jackson's that moved you to pride.
Update3: Seattle a couple first downs and punt to open the game Steelers
open with penalties and a punt. So far as usual Budweiser has the best
commercials.
Update4: Seahawks draw first blood and appear to be better
prepared. End 1st quarter 3-0
Update 5: Steelers are finally able to move
the ball, can Seattle stop The Bus on the goal line?
Update6: They stopped
the Bus but not Big Ben, touchdown Steelers.
Update7: Halftime, a pretty
tough defensive dual so far, Seattle definately had the edge but was unable to
capitalize on good field position. Now we get to be serenaded by geriatric drug
addicts, the Rolling Bones, the most overrated band in rock history. Why is a
British band headlining this spot at America's biggest party? It makes no sense
to me, there are plenty of fine american bands to fill this spot. I will just
say they better not spout any anti-american BS.
Update8: I really really
dislike these guys.
Update9: Thank God that is over, lets play some ball!
Update10: Steelers just broke one for 75 yards and a touchdown right out of
the gate. Seahawks now have their work cut out for them as the Steelers are
great closers with a lead.
Update11: Budweiser is easily winning the
commercial game.
Update12: Seahawks intercept inside the ten with huge
return, and Seattle capitalizes with a touchdown, we have a ballgame.
Update13: 3rd Super Bowl record of the game, Jackson ties for most
receptions in 1st quarter, Steelers run from scrimmage for TD and Seahawks
interception return.
Update14: We have a ballgame going into the 4th quarter
and it appears the Seahawks have an edge on the momentum.
Update15: Momentum
turn with Steeler interception, gadget play and Steeler touchdown.
Update
16: It looks like the Steelers can now ride The Bus to the Vince Lombardi trophy
for a well deserved Championship. The deserve it they played hard in the post
season and never gave up. They showed the grit they are famed for.
Final Update: Congratulations Pittsburgh Steelers. They showed their steel
winning their last 8 games with the playoffs on the road as a Wild Card. Coach
Bill Cower is a class act and it was his turn, I always liked him.

I guess we get to see Hugh in a Steelers hat.

7 comments:

Goat said...

Sorry, JGF, deleted your comment by mistake, here it was:
Did you like the commercial where they electrocuted the fly? It sure made me laugh.

#1 better Motown than Janet Jackson/Justin Timberlake.

#2 Agreed!

I think people are underestimating Seattle. All the better for them.

The court jester was commenting at the same time and you got unintentionally zapped, my mistake.

juanitagf said...

I saw the comment before mine. He can't go elsewhere so he decided to hit you.

We lost, oh well...

Goat said...

That rendition of the National Anthem made me want to puke and if Mick Jagger was not on cocaine or amphetamines of some sort then how could he jiggle like a teenage tramp. That was painful to watch. I am in decent condition as a mountaineer, x-country skier and lifelong athelete and 20 yrs his junior and I can't prance like that.

Goat said...

We made it to the big show atleast JGF and had all the opportunities to win. It was a good game with critical big plays.

Poison Pero said...

Game was pretty boring IMO......Neither team was brutal, but neither team played very well.

Seattle lost it as much as Pitt won it......Mistakes, penalties, dropped passes, missed FG's, etc.

But hats off to the Steelers.....It's always good to see a great player like Bettis go out on top. And Roethlisberger is a stud. I want to puke every time I see him and remember the home-team (Crappy Cardinals) passed on him.

The commercials were pretty boring too....Not one stands out in my mind.

As far as Mick goes, the guy is a freakshow......Urethra was terrible with the National Anthem. I wish they'd just get a copy of the Marine Band and play it before all sporting events. These celebs all suck at it.

Goat said...

Defensive games are always boring, Pero. The Marine band or replay Whitney's or Vanessa's rendition. The Anthem deserves to be belted out with power not winnowed and forced out.

Goat said...

That does it, I am switching to haloscan for comments. I refuse to subject my readers, commenters and myself to a continual barrage of smartass,inane, insulting drivel. I can effectively eliminate his ability to post here with haloscan. This will be done before my next blogpost. I thank the rest of you for your support.