Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: Done Shopping

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Done Shopping

It is not hard when all you have is a niece to buy for, a precocious five year old, and a Vermont Teddy Bear was perfect. She adores Thomas the Train so I got the "engineer bear", ironically named "Tommy", savvy marketing at its best.
I have put forth the idea to the adults in the family to spend the money usually spent on each other, to spend it on or send it to our Patriot Armed Forces' children, possibly with a parent having given the ultimate sacrafice for their country. It is not my idea, I saw it put forth at I believe Hugh Hewitt's blog and it is an absolutely wonderful idea. Adults that have everything should not buy gifts for each other, they should give in each other's name to a charity of some sort. I personally will help the children of fallen troops to have a taste of Christmas as it should be. Soldiers Angels is a good one to donate to or adopt a soldier through and I will update with more as I find them again.
-------
Side note: Charlie Rangel has inserted a size 21eee sized milboot in his mouth so far it projects from the other end of the jack-ass. A draft, how politicaaly daft cold he be? His remarks outshadow even John Kerry's in insulting our Patriot Armed Forces, past, present and future. James Taranto highlites it at the OPJ online.

No comments: