Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: Giving Thanks

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Giving Thanks

As we head into the long Holiday weekend it is important to remember how much we have to be thankful for as a nation, no other country can compare. Millions around the world have as their highest wish to come to America and become a citizen, I can't blame the illegals either for wanting a better chance at life.
My family has been here since the beginning, 1623, and that instinct survives in a 20th century son living in the 21st. I was raised on sharecropper values of the great depression, survive, on your own as part of a community. I am very familiar with the deep south farming community and with that the wisdom and faith that comes of it.
Personally this will be my first Thanksgiving alone in my own home and that is not a bad thing as I have much to be thankful for in getting here and what I have gained in experience.
Most of all I give thanks to our Patriot Armed Forces that make it possible and protect it with their life. We have much to be thankful for , just make sure they get the bulk of your prayers. They serve us far better than we give them or ever truelly could. My heartfelt Thanks goes out to them!
I will leave you with a quote from a Founding Father.
-------

"[I]t is the indispensable duty of all men to adore the superintending
providence of Almighty God... that with one heart and one voice the good people
may express the grateful feeling of their hearts and consecrate themselves to
[His] service... acknowledging with gratitude their obligations to Him for
benefits received..." -Samuel Adams

No comments: