Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: Ahh, The Masters At Augusta

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Ahh, The Masters At Augusta

Bobby Jones' tournament on the most beautiful and challenging of courses that the greats of golf walk, it has become Tiger's arena for some of the most incredible golf since Jack himself stalked those hallowed fairways. I was a sceptic at first, but noone has transformed the game like Tiger has, not even Arnie and Jack. Tiger brought the tiger that fuels great atheletes around the world, dedication and a Jerry Rice like work ethic, to golf. No physical game challenges an individual like golf does, personal experience tells me as much. Golf is not an easy game especially on the courses the big guys play on and this is my favorite challenge to them, Augusta National, the emerald jewel of golfdom, stateside anyway begging pardon from St. Andrews of course, azaleas and redbuds and perfectly manicured fairways and greens.
Tiger is four strokes back with a fresh crop in front of him, he is in the hunt and stalking hard if his flatstick and driver get in tune watchout, he knows the course well.
I play well enough to keep me at it and know that practice is the only way to improve and practicing good technique is even more important. Here is a thought to leave fellow golfers with, 18 shots are hit of the tee, 60+ are on and around the green, keep that in mind if you want to bring your score down. Watch Phil, Tiger, or any of the greats and tell me I am wrong?
Besides the Masters does anything signify Spring and Summer than minor league baseball on the radio? I hate that my very good local Rivercats fill the A's roster as a Braves fan but I will root for them anyway, go Sacramento Rivercats!

No comments: