Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: The Art Of Conversation

Thursday, March 02, 2006

The Art Of Conversation

As a veteran of many fire ring talks, I have to wonder. I know few people that can carry on an actual conversation, in person or online, liberal or conservative . I am so tired of " You know, well Umm, you know, its like, you know, well like you know ". While, I am like "Please tell me, do you have a consistant thought? " I try to post things that require serious thought and conversation and I try to comment in a converstional manner when I comment on other blogs, as if they were sitting across the fire from me. What has happened to this artform? Today's level of conversation is like comparing Bach or Mozart to today's pop music. I have visited an online forum or two and by far the most challenging was Bill OReilly's, the best informed I have conversed with online.
Blogging has been an interesting process of developing a site and attracting readers. The matter that stands out the most to me is individual bloggers that seek to bring down another's site through gross misrepresentation of the facts or just being nasty. I will not go down that road, I will not engage idiots, I will ignore them and delete them. If you have something worthy to add to the conversation I encourage you to add to the conversation. Help America grow not diminish !
Good reads , this from Larry Elder
---
I recently interviewed General Georges Sada, who served as the second-highest ranked general in the Iraqi Air Force. A two-star general, he wrote a recently published book called "Saddam's Secrets: How an Iraqi General Defied and Survived Saddam Hussein." Here are some sound bites from that interview:
Elder
Good reads everywhere , this one came from Townhall and they have many more at Townhall.com.

No comments: