Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: Friday Daydreamin"

Friday, March 31, 2006

Friday Daydreamin"

AArrghh, I am sick of rain and tired of being serious all the time so tonight welcome to the Tiki Club on the shores of Jamaica. I have been there a couple times, once for the reggae Sunsplash Festival and for my honeymoon, I had a blast both times of course.
So after a day of snorkeling and sailing you find yourself at the Tiki club, beachside as the sun burns itself into the sea, a tall frozen beverage at your side. The sounds of latin gutar waft from inside as the breeze brings the smell of salt and the day's adventures to mind along with the tantalizing odors of the grill. A graceful couple has taken to the dance floor and is putting on quite a show, visible through the windows from your gazebo as you drift in reverie. A young man walks by hawking his fresh lobster catch, you make your selection and summon the waiter for its preparation......
The evening begins with Armik and moves through Ottmar Liebert, DiMeola and a few others. Armik is a new find for me and I am very impressed, and I am not impressed easily when it comes to the guitar, especially latin jazz, classical, bluegrass/folk and rock and roll. I love guitar music and by association all the stringed instruments.
The instrument that has the power to enchant me the most however is the human voice, I can't sing which increases my love for the beauty, a voice that stays with in its range with power and elegance.

No comments: