Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard

Saturday, January 07, 2006

A few pictures from my trip across america, I wish I had more time to stop and shoot some of the ghost towns, historical sites and other treasures such as The Grand Canyon and Petrified Forest National Parks
Endless miles of high plains stretch though Texas and Oklahoma
Indian territories and miles of awesome sandstone formations
The mesalands of new Mexico and Arizona, the view from a rest area along I40, my favorite part of the trip.
Oklahoma sunrise
Arizona sunset



The high desert of California, the black ground in the fore is ancient lava flows, quite prevalent in the area

4 comments:

Mark said...

You share my love for travel and sightseeing. I too am a history nut. Especially old western history.

One cannot see a spectacular sunset or sunrise, or green greeb grass or majestic mountains etc, and still say in honesty, that there is no God.

I wrote about a minor miracle that drove that point home here.

Goat said...

It is vast and beautiful and full of history Mark. I have yet to get to your neck of the woods though, DC is the closest. Indeed it was a trip around America one summer that laid the groundwork for my rebirth in Christ.

tugboatcapn said...

Man, this post brings back memories...

I have stacks and stacks of photos like these from several years of "over the road" truckery.

I40 goes straight through the area where Wyle. E. Coyote chased the Road-runner back in the sixties...

If you look closely, you can still see Anvils sticking out of the ground, and smokey outlines and splatters on the sides of the rocks...

Goat said...

I didn't encounter Wile E or the Roadrunner though I did see a sizable herd of pronghorn.