Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: Hamas, Alito, Etc

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Hamas, Alito, Etc

As I certainly expected Hamas won a landslide of seats in a democratic elections for Palestine. They now have power and with it comes responsibility and accountability, if they attack Israel or allow attacks it is an act of war and Israel has the right to respond and not tit for tat. Hamas has honored the cease fire and done more for the Palestinian people in terms of social services than the PLO and Fatah ever did despite the billions in foreign aid to Arafat, that is why they won. They know that Israel can wipe them out if Israel is pushed to far and will abide by the ten year truce allowed by Islam from a position of weakness, the same one that UBL seeks, to gain time, to gain strength so they may continue the Jihad started by Mohammed 1200 years ago. A Holy war to convert or conquer and kill or apply a jizya, an extra tax on non- muslims, and subjugation as second class citizens, real tolerant people, right. Hey loony toon lefties, you think Jerry Falwell or Pat Robertson are evil religious bigots, these Islamic fundamentalists would kill everyone in San Francisco without a thought simply for what goes on there .
This brings me to Sam Alito, our newest SCOTUS Justice, he will be confimed early next week, the GOP has the votes for cloture and even a few Dem. yes votes for Alito. Even Robert Byrd, my favorite storyteller, has given his thumbs up and offered a stinging rebuke to the judiciary process as practiced by his party, he's feeling the heat from his constituency in a GOP state. If anything Bryd has great respect for the rules and traditions of the senate and he has my respect for that besides being an entertaining orator.
Though I am a GOP rookie I am not new to conservatism, though I had the typical lapse into liberalistic hedonism in my early twenties, more libertarian independant. It has taken forty years for conservatism to take hold and put men like Scalia, Thomas, Roberts and now Alito on the bench and we have a stable full of stout young minds just waiting their time. I read so much about our revolution, had The Constitution and The Declaration of Independance on my wall, that my late father often said I was born two centuries too late. I was so thrilled to find The Federalist Patriot online when I got a computer that I have every issue and quote saved since that time. From the many snorts and clopping of hooves I hear, my brethren are mounted and quietly forming the column. The energy, morale, and resoluteness to win with honor mirrors the courage our warriors face on another battleground though theirs is so much more special, of true sacrafice. Thus we must reaffirm our commitment to win at home as well !

No comments: