Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: Taking Advantage Of A Sunny Day

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Taking Advantage Of A Sunny Day

We are expecting a series of winter storms over the next week or so which we desperately need after a dry spring and typically dry summer. The Sierra ski slopes will certainly have plenty of fresh powder, several feet worth for sure. I took advantage of the break in the weather to stock the woodshed and I am beat but I sure enjoy the fiery warmth it brings.

I need a new chain for my saw so does anybody know if a more aggresive chain is made for a Poulan saw than the lame versions I can get at the local Walmart or hardware store. They are more about preventing kick back than cutting wood on a production level. In 30+ years of using a chainsaw I have never experienced a kick back and doubt I ever will so I need a chain that will cut some wood fast. I have looked online and can only find the lame store brands.

No comments: