Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: Sarah Palin Hits Obama/Biden On Energy From Coal

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Sarah Palin Hits Obama/Biden On Energy From Coal

We need to use our vast coal reserves as a ready reliable source of energy to power our economy for many years to come. Technology is improving rapidly on cleaner technology to reduce pollution from coal fired power plants and has for the last few decades. We are the Saudi Arabia of coal and we need to use it to free us from dependence on foreign sources of energy not non-existent pipe dreams of some miracle power source, well nuclear could be that source.

I got this comment from some Obama troll on the post below this one about Obama wanting to bankrupt the coal industry with the tapes Sarah mentions in her speech.

The two videos that I watched were both edited and were not complete. While I understand that the point is to push one side of the agenda I would like to say as someone who is from Coal Mining Country in Appalacia I find the post lacking in qualitative data to prove your point.

Having traveled overseas and to Africa myself I have seen coal fired power plants that are not regulated and they are awful.

We cannot sit by and destroy this planet the way we have been for the last fifty years. At some point we all have to be responsible and take ownership for this planet. Otherwise the earth will not be there for your kids...

First we are not talking about coal fired plants in Africa, we are talking about clean coal here. I don't buy into the man made global warming/climate change clap trap anyway while being anti-pollution for the right reasons. Plus those are Obama's own words and his attempt to walk them back are very weak

Second America is far cleaner now than it was even 20 years ago, I am from a coal and steel producing region, B'ham Al., so I know the difference and what liberal policies did to the industry there.

Third carbon dioxide is not a pollutant, it is a vital natural gas that plants depend on like we do oxygen and it is NOT a greenhouse gas unless you mean the greenhouse that keeps us alive. Vegetation uses the carbon and produces the oxygen we need. I have to wonder if the troll is also opposed to dihydrogen monoxide since it is a far more serious greenhouse gas than carbon dioxide is, yeah I paid attention in chemistry and biology classes. It amazes me that when liberals try to act so smart they come across as complete dunces but I am just a dumb redneck bitterly clinging to my guns and religion that happens to love science especially geology, paleontology, chemistry, and physics.

1 comment:

knowitall said...

I will say when it came to drilling and coal, she was on top of her game. Unfortunately, the mainstream media illuminati decided to focus on the issues she wasn't as sharp on, and that hurt her.