Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: Benazir Bhutto Assassinated

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Benazir Bhutto Assassinated

I don't know what Al Quaeda had to gain by doing this since murdering popular leaders has not proven to be a very good tactic in the past and Bhutto was tremendously popular despite the rampant corruption when she served before. This may backfire on them more than help AQ and its cause, people sour on random violence and killing very quickly and take steps to stop it as the Anbaris did in Iraq. AQ has taken credit for it already and I wonder how the people will like a foreign terrorist group murdering their populist leader?
Everybody that writes on foreign policy is analyzing this so I will be brief. I think it refocuses the domestic debate back to foreign policy to a middlen degree which will benefit the GOP more than the Dems. I'll be keeping more of an eye on Pakistan for a while for sure.

No comments: