Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: More On John Roberts

Friday, August 05, 2005

More On John Roberts

My Dad tought math at a highschool like this one,I grew up on campus and went there myself,Indian Springs located in Al just south of Birmingham,the stable and first fishing hole picture were taken on campus.A private college-prep boarding school with a large diverse foriegn segment much like the one Roberts attended.This is a good article.

The John Roberts I remember

Douglas Newcombe (archive)
August 4, 2005
When President Bush announced his nomination of John Roberts to the Supreme Court, I felt an overwhelming surge of pride. I spent four years with John in a small college prep school called La Lumiere, a very special place that formed the character and drive we would retain for the rest of our lives.
It was at La Lumiere that John and I grew from boys to men.
I knew him well. You can't get up every morning and brush your teeth next to someone for four years without getting to know him. We were 15-year-old kids in the rigors of an Ivy League education, speaking Latin phrases to each other and reciting 200-year-old poems while putting on coats and ties for class.

No comments: