Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: On a Poignant Note

Saturday, August 20, 2005

On a Poignant Note

From the father of one our fallen soldiers in response to moonbat Sheehan.

She Does Not Speak for Me

My son died in Iraq--and it was not in vain.

BY RONALD R. GRIFFIN

Thursday, August 18, 2005 12:01 a.m. EDT
I lost a son in Iraq and Cindy Sheehan does not speak for me.
I grieve with Mrs. Sheehan, for all too well I know the full measure of the agony she is forever going to endure. I honor her son for his service and sacrifice. However, I abhor all that she represents and those who would cast her as the symbol for parents of our fallen soldiers.
The fallen heroes, until now, have enjoyed virtually no individuality. They have been treated as a monolith, a mere number. Now Mrs. Sheehan, with adept public relations tactics, has succeeded in elevating herself above the rest of us. Sen. Bill Nelson of Florida declared that Mrs. Sheehan is now the symbol for all parents who have lost children in Iraq. Sorry, senator. Not for me.

Update:Here here and here

No comments: