Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: Religious Litmus Test

Monday, August 08, 2005

Religious Litmus Test

Our Constitution actually forbids this.The job of the jurist is to apply the law according to the Constitution, not legislate law from the supreme bench.I am a layman redneck,I have read our founding documents many times and basic horse/goat sense can easily understand them.They are not complex though the Federalist Papers can get tiresome to read ,it is well laid out and ratified.I believe that Roberts will hold to the Constitution admirably.I would have taken cases as a growing attorney for the other side inorder to have a full and rounded knowledge of an issue,even if I did not believe in it personally and I would have done my best.I do that now with builders and designers even when I know they are nuts,LOL.I know my building codes and let them know what they are. The left is trying to stir conservative resistance to Roberts' nomination ,I say ignore them. I can't see John Roberts letting us down,he knows where America stands, he has worked too hard not to.

(Added reading here)
From David Limbaugh

Meet the Press" featured a debate between Professor Douglas Kmiec and former New York Gov. Mario Cuomo concerning whether Supreme Court nominees should be questioned about their religious beliefs.Perceptive viewers of the debate could see that the real issue wasn't so much the nominees' religious beliefs but the proper role of the courts under the Constitution.

No comments: