Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: Friday Frolic: Updated With Video

Friday, June 08, 2007

Friday Frolic: Updated With Video

Yes it is a "Range of Light", I know why John Muir chose that term to describe the High Sierra. I have bagged three named peaks and one unnamed crag so far.

On the way to Mt. Winchell, a Sierra sunrise

Well it appears the Shamnesty bill has been tabled for now until we can get real security first by simply enforcing the laws on the books now, an amendment to do just that , enforce the dang laws we have now, was defeated by the way. The McCain/Bush/Reid/Kennedy Quartet failed with jeers and catcalls from all sides. The elite politicos truly showed they have no interest in National Security or enforcing our laws and National sovereignty. Michelle Malkin has been live blogging from the Senate floor during the debates and has a complete round up.

We are kicking butt in Iraq and winning the confidence and help of the locals that once fought against us in the Sunni areas and taking out the Iranian backed Shia militias as well. Bill Roggio's Fourth Rail is always the best place to go for war news.
Mike Yon is back to his old prolific self with several new dispatches up on the rss feeder, I haven't read yet.
Update:
Mary Katherine, Townhall babe, has a fun new Hamnation up, "Sopranos" fans will enjoy the slant.





Update:
If you are at all interested in the plight of pampered pimp-gal Paris Hilton, Shep Smith adds some nice asides for those of us that aren't and don't care if Princess Paris has to go to jail for breaking the law. It is about time the tramp tease got her come uppance, darn shame, she is a cute girl. The same goes for the rest of her fembrat Hollywood loonytunes. In the video link Greta clearly described the delirium tremors of an alcaholic coke head, Shephard Smith adds a perfect amount of snarkiness.
Update:
A 2006 study found that the average American walks about 900 miles per year. Another study found that Americans drink an average of 22 gallons of beer per year. That means, on average, Americans get approximately 41 miles per gallon

Hear Hear, or better, Beer Beer!(B)(B)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Goat, if Romney had any chance at all with me he lost it when I found out that he hired illegal aliens to work on his 2 1/2 acres estate. Sorry. I'll keep on sticking with Fred for now. If I find out Fred has done the same, well, he's out, too.

Goat said...

Romney was using a landscaping company that had some illegal employees, you expect him to know the hiring practices of a company a manager probably hired? Mitt didn't go down to a workcenter and hire folks. He employed a contractor that has been let go once that came to light. Mitt did not, I repeat did not employ illegals, so you can erase that black mark my friend.

BB-Idaho said...

41 mpg on beer? Love that better beer (BB!) Up this way, we treat ourselves with a brown ale from the Missoula Brewing Company called
"MooseDrool"; while mileage is good, we don't get quite the performance as the mooses (meece?)

Goat said...

BB, Moose Drool is a fine brown ale, we have it here,and I enjoyed it. I love a good brown ale, probably my prefered next to a good IPA. I always try micro brewery offerings when I see them and there are many, many around these parts. A very good friend did the artwork for Sierra Nevada's labels, they are about an hour up the road. Mendocino is another good one, with some great ales.

Unknown said...

BB, I never figured that out either... you'd think it would be meese wouldn't you? As far as the beer, you guys can keep it. Never was a beer drinker, sorry.

Alright, friend, I'll give him a chance but I tell ya... like a lot of people... I'm looking for something different this coming election rather than politics as usual. Fred's a Federalist and considering the big government/big spending movement in D.C. I'm all for Federalism.

Goat said...

BB, just saw your profile, my Uncle worked at the Huntsville facility from the time he returned from WWII till he retired in the 70s. I am honored to have a credentialed person visiting. Welcome to the Barnyard. Missoula, Montana? I have been there before visiting friends of the family years ago.

Goat said...

Steph, Constitutional Federalism is my hardline, always has been. I shot a moose for meat from several moose I saw in the meadow. I treat them like deer, supper.