Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: Just Irony, Updated

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Just Irony, Updated

I work for a top Clinton supporter, LOL, actually have worked for several of them, part of their California coalition. The house I am working in right now will probably be ready to host a big Clinton fundraiser next year and it's a real mansion, state of the art, traditional and craftsman solid. It will stand for centuries as it is steel and stone built. I keep my politics to myself and deliver the highest quality product on the market, their money is good as any. Oh and by the way, there are very few liberals in the trades at the journeyman or craftsman levels, even in the unions. That is why the unions have lost so many members from the private trades, we don't need their lordship to protect us. Quality tradesmen have become a scarce commodity, let alone trying to find custom craftsmen. I actually take pride that my craftsmanship will be viewed by some of the most powerful people in the world and he can write me far bigger checks than he can hand to Hillary. The style, modern Greco-Roman, impressive but not overdone, very euro-elegant, to much for me, I am a Greene&Greene bungalow person.
Update: Mary Katherine has a great D-Day tribute up at Townhall blog, some great video clips as well.
Nothing worth posting about the GOP debate or I would, nothing changed, Mitt Romney is the man and I like Rudy, Fred and Newt alot, the rest can save their money and go home.
Who would be most comfortable at a Barnyard BBQ? Mike Huckabee by a long ways, followed by McCain and Romney. Mitt needs to work on his tailgate charm bigtime and that is from an entrenched redneck supporter. The fact he has Iowa almost locked shows he knows this, Rudy and McCain running from the Ames straw poll is indicative. The Ames event is a fun indicator of a candidate's grassroots appeal and Mitt wins those hands down two months early. I have to thank the others for the capitulation so quickly, McCain will drop out, Rudy will have a real fight on his hands with Fred, Newt and Mitt on the later debate stages. When it comes right down to ideas and solutions I would love to see Mitt and Newt sit down and chat for an hour or two, they are the idea guys of the GOP, I know Hugh would host them on radio, though it needs to be on TV, Cspan is fine.

2 comments:

Gayle said...

"Mitt Romney is the man and I like Rudy, Fred and Newt alot, the rest can save their money and go home." LOL! My sentiments exactly! Even being a bit down on politics right now, I did watch the debate. I figured I should since I watched that totally horrendous Democratic circus!

Thanks for your kind comment over at my place, and for the invite. I can't get away, too many local responsibilities, but I do own property in Nevada, not at Tahoe, but in Yerrington. If I ever have to go out there on business I'll take you up on it. We've got a great renter though, who's been renting the property for 10 years and pays on time. Unless she drops dead we're probably good to go for awhile. :)

I'm okay, Goat. Really. I just need to slow down a bit. I'm feeling better already just having made that decision. I enjoy visiting other bloggers, and will probably spend a little time each day visiting a few of my regular readers. But if I don't feel like it I won't. I've been blogging for several years straight and without a break. It stopped being fun. When I think it's fun again I'll probably pick up the pace. We'll see.

God bless! :)

Goat said...

Gayle,I know right where Yerrington is, beautiful country. I know what you mean about blogging, posting is work especially if you can't type, which is my problem.