Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: A Good Sunday to All !

Sunday, October 09, 2005

A Good Sunday to All !

Sometimes it is just nice too look back and see how far you have come. The trail into the Palisades region of the sierra, the headwaters of Big Pine creek, looking east towards Owen's valley. I wonder if the glaciers that carved these lakes were destoyed by SUVs and George Bush? Could the Kyoto Treaty have kept those glaciers intact? Dang it my tongue just blew out my cheek now I'll have a mess to clean up.

I would say a pretty quiet news cycle for the weekend other than the typical stirring of the blogger stew, the bomb scare in New York,the islamic connection to last weeks bomb and a new controversial nominee to SCOTUS, nothing too interesting other than Michael Yon has a new dispatch out and the Fourth Rail is popping with good news from Iraq, and Michelle Malkin finds scandal after scandal. Nice quiet weekend, Baaaaa! Plus a couple new additions to the blogroll, Cabe I mentioned last night, and I am adding his brother Stan at The Transcending Sovreignity who recently took the oath to serve our Patriot Armed Forces , a Barnyard salute!

And a little ditty by the Goat inspired by a friends email.

Talons not Tears

Eagles and Patriots don't cry,
We fight, sometimes quietly in the shadows but we are here.
We don't parade in crazy costumes but we are here.
Sometimes we wonder why?
We fight daily in society's trenches but we are here,
Our patriots shed their blood so that, we are here,
As my Lord had to die,
So that I am here!

Goat Gruff


Title suggestions open. GT, gets the title credit.


Two Wolves

---------- One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.
He said, "My son, the battle is between two "wolves" inside us all.
One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy,sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.
The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."
The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "Which wolf wins?"
The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

(hattip)GT,hey girl you are on a roll.

4 comments:

Poison Pero said...

I'll trade with you Kara......Phx, AZ.

Too hot, too many people, too many Illegals, no highways, etc., etc., etc.

I'd kill for the quiet life......Don't tell my wife though. She's the one keeping me here......LOL!

Goat said...

That is why I have trouble watching "Dances With Wolves",GT,I get so mad.

Goat said...

Cool it guys,GT,is a personal friend and wolves are totally cool critters.GT,that is when I get mad.The original American Warriors fought to save their freedom,homes and land,should we blame them?

Goat said...

I would agree the basic Indian tribe would have been arrayed much like the wolf pack and the semblance of the eagle's feather in their culture.