Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: A Question

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

A Question

By making the the SCOTUS appointee from outside the court, those very capable judges remain in place and an equally great replacement does not have to be fought over in the Senate therefore freeing the Seanate to take care of other much needed business. From what I have gathered, this was a brilliant and politically shrewd nomination. As Hugh Hewitt has pointed out, she is extremely well qualified. She sounds like a hard as nails Texan to me, not likely to be swayed by the Swamp press corps or anyone else for that matter. I know I have a few Texans that read me, let me know what you think about it here or mail, or anyone else for that matter, we will all learn from the discussion.

I will leave this space open for the debate for a few days, I hope it is vigorous and representative of the glorious nation we belong I hope the pinheads on the left chime in as well! I support Harriot Miers.

5 comments:

Poison Pero said...

As time goes by, I think this will become more and more evident.

Bush has failed Conservatives on the Border and on Spending, but he has been excellent on every available judicial position........I don't see him screwing this one up.

Check out my comments on this issue
http://therightisright.blogspot.com/2005/10/harriet-miers-supreme-court-nominee.html

Mark said...

people that know her persinally and have worked with her are all for her. the conservatives that don't like her don't know her. I think that tells us something.

Chipper said...

Mark has a good point, but that fact is that I don't know her and I don't know her opinion on virtualy anything and now she may be one of the deciding voices in my country and that's what concerns me.

Goat said...

I see us folks from all walks and places, all conservative, tend to agree. As soon as the pundits over see their own bombasity they will see the sheer brilliance in this nomination.The more I learn the more I like. I am sure we all heard Hugh's show yesterday. I trust his judgement and the other pro-arguments.Yea, we all wanted Luttig or Brown, etal, and we still have them as lower court brains. I believe y'all have figured it out. There is no time for intra-party squabbles, Pero and I hit on basically the same idea independantly, that tells me something and it appears Mark and Lores agree. I am waiting to hear from a few others, Madhatter has weighed in as well.

Goat said...

It appears we are getting that debate as conservatives are bouncing all over the place.Welcome to Goat's place Rooster. The one thing about Bush besides his steadiness in the GWOT is that he has been great at is in who he appoints to key positions. He has made a couple of mistakes,Brown at FEMA and Myers at BICE but other than that he consistently goes for extreme talent and know how. I think he just gave Chief Roberts a pet "bulldog". Roberts,Thomas and Scalia can write opinion, we need an attack dog to cross question plaintiffs and defendants. I know enough older evangelical Christian ladies from Texas, hattip yall,to know they are tougher than nails when in comes to their morality to not be worried