Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: More on Miers

Friday, October 07, 2005

More on Miers

It appears we are getting that debate on what the court means as conservatives are bouncing all over the place and making that point very clear. Welcome to Goat's place Rooster. The one thing about Bush besides his steadiness in the GWOT is that he has been great at, is in who he appoints to key positions. He has made a couple of mistakes,Brown at FEMA and Myers at BICE but other than that he consistently goes for extreme talent and know how. I think he just gave Chief Roberts a pet "bulldog". Roberts,Thomas and Scalia can write opinion, we need an attack dog to cross question plaintiffs and defendants. I know enough older evangelical Christian ladies from Texas, hattip yall, to know they are tougher than nails when in comes to their morality to not be worried. It sounds like she is a brutal litigator, in other words if you don't have your facts together, she will cut you to pieces is what a Texan attorney that Hugh had call in said that had faced her, knew her,something. Let her do the grilling while the others get to listen, she apparently has the credentials to be chief legal counsel to POTUS and the background to hold the nations highest security clearances. I think many of the punditry feel betrayed and they shouldn't as all their picks are still in a growing rank as Bush continues to hit homeruns at the appellate level.
Heres the deal IMHO, Bush didn't want to tie up the senate for a year as there is alot of work to get done, on immigration, taxes , social security as the Dems were going to tie him up till the midterms by obstructing a Luttig etal, and hope setbacks in Iraq peel off more of the Indies. To be quite honest as a conservative I am more than a little ashamed of what I have seen in the thundering punditocracy of so called stable and objective view points of the Right. Some almost ran over the lefty blogs to slam Harriot Miers and the President. Several of them, Ann, Laura, NRO, etal, etal, I love y'all, just cool the jets on the range no need to saute' the nominee in the frying pan of american opinion before she has a chance to represent herself, pretty shameful behavior.
and a don't miss picture here!

10 comments:

Paul Coambs said...

Well said! I’m afraid that many of the die-hard right expected Pres Bush to make appointments with right wing ideology without much nod to the intricacies of politics. We waited a long time; we put you in; now do our bidding as we say; sort of stuff. I think that the right should feel a little more secure knowing that Bush governs from values modified by the realities of politics. The question remaining is will the GOP fracture and lose in 2006?

Simi Valley Sophist

Poison Pero said...

Not that I'm wishing bad things........But imagine if Ruthie (72) or Stevens (85) were to kick the bucket in the next 2 years.

Again, not that..........Riiiight.

Goat said...

Then we play for all the pennies on the table,Pero. We need to cement the base at the level we type right here and to me the glue looks pretty damn strong and advance our growing majority . I love a healthy debate among us it keeps our heads hard and our horns sharp for those lamebats.Darn it I just hate insulting bats.

Goat said...

Oh and A warm Barnyard welcome to the Simi Valley Sophist,Paul.

Chad Mathis said...

Hey goat, what's up with the hate spewing comment you left on my blog? It was so out of place I assume it was meant to wind up somewhere else. Nice Christian attitude you've got there. It made no sense whatsoever, so I think somehow it was posted to my site by mistake.

Chad Mathis said...

Sorry Goat. I see now your hate was being vented at the jerk that was making unwarranted comments on my site. I apologize. I'm new to the blogger world.

Paul Coambs said...

Dear Goat,

This post is off topic but I did not find an e-mail address for you. Anyway the link swap is complete. Thanks.

Stony Point is unscathed. The fire jumped the 118 FWY just west of Topanga Cyn.

Simi Valley Sophist

Goat said...

Hmmm, using some barnyard logic I wonder if our good conservative punditry have used a ruse employed by Br'er Rabbit when caught by Br'er Fox in Uncle Remus' classic fable. The rabbit begged the fox todo anything but throw him in the briar patch the rabbit's home turf. It worked and Br'er Rabbit escapes to taunt Br'er Fox another day.Reverse retoric to disarm the moonbats, who said politics is boring?
GT, on the other Myers, I posted a while back that that spot should go to someone in the upper-echelons of law or military hierarchy,granted that is her family tree.

Cabe said...

Hey Goat,

Here is a list of things that worry me about Miers:

1. Lack of judicial experience
2. Reid approves of her, and didn't approve of Roberts
3. John Adams warned not to have a nominee that cannot check the executive branch, or too close of ties.
4. Bush can get away with picking "conservatives" for lower courts, but I prefer to have an "originalist" for the Supreme Court.

Goat said...

I,like Michael Medved have our reservations that a Luttig could be confirmed without costing valuable time on other things on the conservative agenda. I have always been really good at strategy games,having to look many moves ahead. Us conservatives need these little spats,I say don't worry and focus on 06.