Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: First GOP Presidential Debate

Thursday, May 03, 2007

First GOP Presidential Debate

Hey we have vast beautiful horizons in our future.

I am a Mitt Romney supporter and the debate did not change that but I am very proud of all the candidates. No one fell for the barbs thrown by Chris or the Politico write ins, they had fun while showing their serious side as well.

Remove Tancredo, great guy and congressman, same with Ron Paul and add Newt Gingrich and Fred Thompson and it would have been real fun.

WSY: POTUS and VP??? My VP with Mitt would be, short list, Duncan, Rudy, and Fred and give McCain 'Foggy Bottoms' to clean up.

They all will have their own appeal to the GOP base and all are very well qualified in my revised list of candidates. I have seen some "oooh" appeal for Mitt among the ladies comments at the blogger row.

They seem to have that "Reagan Pact" to not speak ill of a fellow Republican instead deferring to ideas and policy, a major plus is the eyes of the base. This will be a great primary year as all the candidates will be pushed to the edge, GOP and DNC in all races.


PS: I would like to thank again my hate filled detractors for introducing me to a classy Milwife blogger, Amy Procter, she runs Bottom Line Up Front and should be on your regular check list

3 comments:

Trader Rick said...

Is that the view from the goatyard?

Goat said...

Its just out of town, about 5 miles, Rick.I live in a small country town, surrounded by orchards, rice fields and cattle country with three rivers nearby.

Trader Rick said...

Well, it's surely America the Beautiful--The nearest small country town to us is about 4 miles away, but all real flat cornfields around us...