Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: Weekend Rambler

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Weekend Rambler

A good spot for a homestead? It once was.

A nice spot to take a break.

There used to be a town here, I believe, and no trees a hundred years ago,


The well is all that is left, filled and capped.




The old bridge

Today was one of those special days in the north valley, after a couple days with some rain and a brisk breeze out of the north, to scrub the air, that has a special spring tinge to it so I headed for the closest trails. I am blessed to live in an incredible location, maybe I should start a tour guide business as a side, hmm...
I came to California to explore, not the streets of Hollywood and the bars on 'The Strip" his band had rocked, but the High Sierra and what ever else was along the way. My best friend, his boss owns the 'cabin', was already out here and had the bug as well, so here I am today a decade later and I know California better than most of its own. I have lived in the north San Fernando Valley, LA, San Jose, Sacramento and now own a house and business in a small town about about a half hour from Sac'to. I can find an average American's dream vacation on a weekend drive and I am blessed for it, that is why I like to share my surroundings, it is the least I can do.
I do not mind if a reader wishes to share a picture just give due credit.



2 comments:

Trader Rick said...

Great photos, thanks for sharing!!

Goat said...

There is so much beauty, history and things to see that it is worth putting up with Ca. politics, LOL