Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: Friday Frolic

Friday, May 11, 2007

Friday Frolic

I'll tell you what, launching a new small contracting company in California is a royal pain in the butt, even with no employees. Three and a half months later I am up and running and legal, with some serious dirt on my direct competition. A question for my readers: should I report them for violating workers comp laws? They are former friends and I know the employee they are using on a part time basis. Would I just be being vindictive in reporting them or am I being a good guy by reporting the lawbreakers? I could seriously hurt these folks and their business', they also have families that I know. I got a dilemma in the Barnyard my friends and your feedback will be appreciated. You can comment here or send an email( in profile) if you want privacy, I am very interested in what the Barnyard denizens and flybys have to say here.
My instinct is to report them, WSY?!?

3 comments:

Trader Rick said...

Let the Golden Rule be your guide.

Goat said...

You're right my friend, it will come back to them whether I interfere or not. Build myself by my own good work not by tearing down others even if I can. I have a good reputation with great folks so I can see smooth sailing. I made myself bring it here first.
Rick, then is it right for me to overlook their wrong doing so that they will over look mine, I expect to be held to the law as loony as Cal.'s is. They know this site as well and may venture here on a whim. One I consider a downright enemy of the Barnyard having attacked before on a very personal level, the 'employee', both the contractors have been caught in other shady dealings and outright lies. I have evidence of one working to damage the company as a subversive salesman. Rick, I know what you are saying, folks out here don't read it the same way as us SEC boys do, I am returning serve.
Where we come from the Gators can roll in the Tide with Eagles and Bulldogs and get along at the end of the day BBQ and business card swap meet.

Goat said...

They will stab you in the back as soon as you drop your defenses and turn around out here. They ain't like southern or midwestern folks.