Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: The Chronicles Of Narnia

Monday, May 05, 2008

The Chronicles Of Narnia

I read CS Lewis' series years ago while immersed in the similar imagery of JRR Tolkien and Terry Brooks and saw the movie rendition of "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" over the weekend. I was very impressed as I was with the "Lord of the Rings" rendition as they tackle the epic struggle of Good vs Evil. I recommend the Narnia series to parents whole heartedly for their children as all the books are fairly short and the imagery is such that young minds can easily understand with the talking animals and sense of adventure into fantasy. I may even have to drag myself to the theater to see the next cinematic installment of the series "Prince Caspian" but do see LWW first.

6 comments:

Roadhouse said...

When my fourth grade teacher read "The Lion The Witch And The Wardrobe" to us, it was one of the few times that I wasn't looking out the window.

Trader Rick said...

And I recommend Iron Man!

Gayle said...

I've seen the "Lord of the Rings" and also "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe." They were both excellent, which is rare in movies these days. I haven't seen or heard about "Prince Caspian" before. I'll have to look it up.

Goat said...

The trailers for "Prince Caspian" are just now coming out.

shoprat said...

Around 40 years ago it was the Chronicles of Narnia that revived my interest in reading.

Ron Simpson said...

If you like the Chronicles of Narnia, try the Chronicles of Prydain by Lloyd Alexander. It is a kids book, but full of good imagery and story. One of my favorites. Alexander was a contemporary of Lewis.