Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: Miss That Sound

Monday, September 26, 2005

Miss That Sound

Note how clear the surrounding sky.
And here, what is the blue band? The Lord's finger. indiscriminate.
Hello Alice, where is the cat?

One of the things I miss about living in the south is the thunder, and we just had a little rumble here in NoCal, not enough rain to put down the dust. A couple of storm pictures from reader GT, awesome in their power and beauty. Boy do I love that rumble, yea I am strange. It is actually raining , our first since May.
Update: Fellow critter folks cannot miss the poem Karen has up, the Goat's heart split in two and tears streamed as I read it.

3 comments:

Mark said...

I grew up in Kansas, in Tornado alley. But it wasn't until around 1990 that i saw my first tornado. By that time I was almost 40.

That first tornado I saw was one of the most famous for the amount of video footage.

You may remember seeing footage of the people cowering under the viaduct as the tornado roared overhead. That was the very same tornado that I saw up close and personal. I was within 1/4 mile of it.

The very next week I saw 3 more, but haven't seen any since, but I live in MD now.

William said...

I am definitely a fan of thunder storms. I'm from NC and when I lived at my old house, I used to go upstairs, lie in my bed, and watch the lightning strikes. We didn't have air conditioning at the time, so it was rather hot. I can remember hearing the rain on the roof, with the rolling thunder, and the constant engine of my fan in my room. I used to always fall asleep during thunderstorms, and I can remember waking up being upset that I had missed the show.

NannyKaren said...

Hmmm reminds me of my childhood growing up in "Tornado Ally"
Yes they are beautiful and very deadly!