Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: The Petraeus Report

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

The Petraeus Report

Gen Petreaus and Amb Crocker returned to the Swamp today for another round of interrogation by clueless defeatocrats though it was not nearly as acrimonious as in September as so much has been accomplished on the positive side. I watched part of it though and thanks to the internet and video sharing I was able to catch up. The Democrats are seething that Petreaus is basically untouchable and unflappable as is Ryan Crocker in their assessment of the undeniable progress that has been made since their arrival in the theater. Here is part of the General's testimony.

The Democrats came across as completely rude, idiotic buffoons and even the Code Pinkos had a very weak showing.
Michelle has much more as usual in her liveblogging.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh, my speakers aren't working, but I heard several clips on the radio today.
The guy who kept yelling, "Get them out! Get them out1" sounded just like Teddy Kennedy!! I laughed just picturing him doing that.
I'm starting to wish Petraeus was running for Pres. He NEVER gets frazzled by these morons.

Goat...I don't think I've introduced myself. I'm Pinky (but I'm not a Pinko:-)
I've been reading around and getting to know a bunch of great bloggers lately. I like your place here.

Goat said...

Welcome to the Barnyard, Pinky, and many thanks. always room for another critter to come graze around. I will have to make a point to stop by your place for a visit.

Ottavio (Otto) Marasco said...

There was not much new said at the hearings but although candidates such as Obama already had tight schedules, they showed up. After all, it does make for great publicity given a national cable audience, and of course, one of the candidates will be Petraeus’s boss early in ’09… I doubt whether Petraeus will remain in charge in Iraq if Obama is elected…

I was drawn to McCain’s comments, “We’re no longer staring into the abyss of defeat, and we can now look ahead to the genuine prospect of success.” In addition, he took the opportunity to counter Democrat views by adding, the promise of withdrawal of our forces regardless of the consequences would constitute a failure of political and moral leadership.”

Goat said...

I agree Otto, McCain's comments were very good as were Lieberman's.

Tapline said...

Goat, Some of the questions poised by senators or reps were themselves questinable. That is they didn't know what their question was...Make sense?????stay well.