Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: A Return Thank You To Our Friends Down-Under

Monday, April 14, 2008

A Return Thank You To Our Friends Down-Under

The Aussies are out best and strongest allies and this respect from them is heartfelt. I know I have a few Aussie friends here in the Barnyard so I ask you when you see one of your soldiers tell them Thank You from an American. Via an email Blackfive posted, read the whole thing but here is a clip.

"Before I came over here I thought we (the Australian Army) were pretty shit hot..... was I ever wrong!....The Yanks (I hope you don't mind me using that word) are so professional from the top to the bottom that it is almost embarrassing to be in their company, and to call yourself a soldier....don't get me wrong, we are good at what we do but the Yanks are so much better.....they are complete at what they do, how they do it and their attitude is awesome....they don't complain they just get on with the job and they do it right.

“I carry a Minimi (SAW) so I am not real worried about a confrontation but I tell you I feel safer just knowing that the US Marines are close by....If we got into trouble I know that our boys would come running and we could deal with it but they would probably be passed by a load of Hummers. No questions asked, no glory sought, the Americans would just fight with us and for us because that is their nature, to protect those in need of protection.

“We use the American Mess so you could say that we are fed by the Americans.....they have every right to be pissed at that but they don't bitch about that they just make us feel as welcome as possible....what gets to me is that the Yanks don't walk around with a "we are better than you attitude" and they could because they are, they treat us as equals and as brothers in arms. If nothing else, coming here has taught me that the Americans are a truly great Nation and a truly great bunch of people.

“Let's face it they don't HAVE to be here, they could stay in America and beat the shit out of anyone who threatened them, BUT THEY ARE HERE because they believe they should be here, and the Iraqis would be screwed if they weren't here

2 comments:

The Griper said...

the only thing i might disagree with is this,
"Let's face it they don't HAVE to be here, they could stay in America and beat the shit out of anyone who threatened them"

we may have the power and skills but one thing we are lacking that has seemed evident, that is a "will" to win. and that scares me all to hell.

Goat said...

That is why Folks like Mike Yon are so important to telling the real story of Iraq.