Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: Dr.Paul's Loonybin Haul

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Dr.Paul's Loonybin Haul

So Ron Paul managed to raise a chunk of change online over the last couple days, some 4 million bucks. Impressive to say the least but it means little considering he is a fringe candidate of the dispossessed conspiracy mongers, white supremacist groups and assorted drug addled libertarian anti-war nuts. I like having Dr. Paul in the House for his staunch anti-tax and spend small government positions but not for his convoluted and irresponsible positions on National Security and Foreign Policy. I realize his supporters are passionate and motivated but they are also on the fringes of the conversation and not all are GOP primary voters, he won't get the nomination but parts of his message are resonating and the GOP should listen to some of them in my opinion.
I would still love to see a Ron Paul vs Dennis Kucinich or Mike Gravel debate purely for entertainment value. I don't think he will go third party and he has said as much since he would not want to hurt the GOP and help Hillary who he and his supporters despise as much if not more than the GOP in general.

1 comment:

AmPowerBlog said...

I just don't really like Paul at all.

Thanks for the update on Bolton. I've updated my post, with a link to the Barnyard.