Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com The Barnyard: When Not To Use A Leafblower: Updated: Plus Husky Pictures

Monday, November 12, 2007

When Not To Use A Leafblower: Updated: Plus Husky Pictures

These are archive photos of past trips, none recent, here is team Volcano, a pair of awesome dogs, answering a request, my buddy's dogs, a delightful pair.
Meet, Lassen, Mr. Personality, he's the talker, the woowoowrooer and he ain't shy about sayin' it.

Shasta, the ghost dog, she has the ice blue eyes, quiet, the hunter, she is a real sweetheart but she gives Lassen complete grief when playing. He is a big goofball, she is the smart one.

Team Volcano, I get to walk them for a few months and the name fits even being named after volcanoes, they wore me out this past weekend and today.

One of my favorites, it will be a while before we can go tromp around some of our favorite places, keep the Prayers coming, he feels them!
Update, Monday: Thanks for the many prayers, they are working, the post surgical pain is over and he can get around on crutches well enough, one of those strong, wiry sort, great climber. If any of my readers have any suggestions for the best crutches for long term use, 6 or seven months, other than the standard issue armpit killers. He won't be able to put any weight on his left foot till March, eight weeks in a gauze, cotton and ace bandage wrap, no hard cast just a fancy boot. The broken heel is bad but not splintered or pulverized, only one break, but rehab will still take time, so experienced tips will be passed on.
Thanks Y'all !


UD: It worked, the big boy is Lassen and the girl is
Shasta, on the road to the cabin
.

My best friend a top foreman for a major tree trimming company, took a spill while cleaning off his bucket truck with a backback blower and busted his heel. He is my climbing partner and this sucks, off his feet for a few months, so I came down to help him out for the next few days after surgery. He helped me out when I moved out here and we have explored alot of California together so I am damn sure going to help him out. Two huskies and a house are tough enough as it is so its the least I can do. He only has dialup so I will be limited in my blogging for a few days.
May I ask you to add Jeff to your prayer list,
thanks folks.
Update: Less time in front of a computer is actually nice, the upside is he has a wide screen TV with a gazillion channels, cool, and we basically have the same taste in TV. I am going to try and upload a picture of his awesome dogs, I have posted pictures before and older readers will remember team Volcano, Lassen and Shasta. I am working on his computer so lets see what happens.
I took them for a walk today and they are a powerful team, they caught me surprise taking off after something and yanked me off me feet when I wasn't paying attention, lol. The ground was wet and down I went, splat. I managed to hold on but if I had let go , a couple bums likely would have released in their drawers. Huskies are about the most lovable and personable dogs I have been around along with shepherding types. These two are great fun, playful happy dogs and I am a member of the pack.

13 comments:

Trader Rick said...

pHOTOS OF THE HUSKIES, PLEASE...

Anonymous said...

added to ours, goat. post/read/answer when you can. we'll be here when you get back.

Goat said...

Rick, you have seen their picture before, its team Volcano.
Heidi, thanks.

WomanHonorThyself said...

sure will Goat..stay well my friend!

Trader Rick said...

SIBERIANS ROCK! Happy Veterans DAy!

Gayle said...

They are gorgeous dogs and the scenery is also gorgeous. I downloaded this pic for use as a wallpaper. Thanks, Goat! :)

Your friend is added to the prayer list.

Anonymous said...

Wow, so cool! The great outdoors, minimal contact with the outside world... that's the life!

Looks like a great getaway. Blessings....

Goat said...

Gayle, it is a nice picture, just out of Bridgeport, that background has been posted from many angles here'
Good to see you Amy, to bad we are stuck in Sacramento, it will be next winter before Jeff is able to do any cross country hiking or sking again.
Our traditional Thanksgiving at the Cabin is off for the first time in the new millinia. We have managed to get in whether by 4x4 truck, snowshoe. or ski for a decade so far, oh well, the tradition is broken and not lost. I will be cooking dinner just the same, just in Sac'to and not the mountains. He can't even put weight on his foot for three months. The post-op pain is down and he sends his gratitude for the prayers, with two houses, a business, two dogs and a crip' to keep up with, I could use a few too.
I am getting some good pictures of the dogs that I will get posted when I have time
Again many many thanks to my many friends, there is lots of good stuff in the archives if you just want some Barnyard news and views.

Goat said...

Rick, email me I need some training tips, these dogs are raw and full of energy, help!

Trader Rick said...

eMAIL SENT. THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO!!!

Ron Simpson said...

http://www.millennialmedical.com/
these are comfortable crutches

Goat said...

Thanks Ron, I will check it out.

Anonymous said...

they're beautiful. glad to hear he's improving; prayers will, of course, continue.